Ahh uploading pictures ! help

remrow

ahh! is that? doesn't it creat problem to clients??
Actually no it doesn't because the component is installed on the web server and the teh serverside ASP code uses it not the client's browser. ASP doesn't have native uploading functionality built-in like ASP.Net or PHP does. That is why you need to use an addon COM component. This is a common thing you will have to do alot to overcome the limitations of ASP.
if the pictures to upload are disk files, why not just use the <input type="file"> tag?
You use that in your HTML form, we're talking about the server side ASP code to upload the file in that field to the server.

umm! but i got some codes that uploads the files from client to the server by asp. it works fine! how come?

Actually no it doesn't because the component is installed on the web server and the teh serverside ASP code uses it not the client's browser. ASP doesn't have native uploading functionality built-in like ASP.Net or PHP does. That is why you need to use an addon COM component. This is a common thing you will have to do alot to overcome the limitations of ASP.You use that in your HTML form, we're talking about the server side ASP code to upload the file in that field to the server.

You can also include a script like FreeASPupload where you don't need to install a component on the web server. ASP doesn't have implicit support for handling file uploads, so you need to use either a component or another script that will get the request stream and break it up into usable pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
I think in this group , no one is master of asp.just they like you and me.
Well I don't know about you, but maybe I am a master of ASP. You ever think about that? Maybe that aspnetguy, maybe he knows a little something as well, hmm? We told you what your two options are - install a component, or use a script you can include to do the same. I've used both ways to handle uploads.
umm! but i got some codes that uploads the files from client to the server by asp. it works fine! how come?
Probably because it's using one of those two methods. But that's just a guess.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any way thanks guys!
Well I don't know about you, but maybe I am a master of ASP. You ever think about that? Maybe that aspnetguy, maybe he knows a little something as well, hmm?
Thank you master
aspnetguy & justsomeguy do a great job replying to a lot of requests, and from what I've seen don't usually reply unless they know the answer. They've helped me many times, either directly or through searches where they've answered others' similar questions.Give them some credit. They've given you the answers, and unfortunately you (nor ripon2000) know what to do with them.

Archived