Need some advice!!!

gambit

OK, I am new to web design and graphics design but I am trying to learn so after a few days of reading forms and tutorials on w3school I started with building a page for my paintball team. This is what I have so far. www.3rdcommandos.110mb.com Yes I know it lacks information and yes I did start with a free template but I have made quite a few changes. Also I have learned a lot from breaking it down to change stuff. And yes this is only the home page but the other pages will follow this same style. So please let me know what you think. I am trying to make it look the best I can with my limited knowledge, and learn as much as I can while doing it. What I would like you to look at is the code, layout, color scheme, etc... Then I use this to layout the rest of the pages. Thanks

• 1 month later...

LayoutI like your content area and navigation. The problem is the corners are black and they appear since you have your army style background. If I would be designing your site I would probably have the background black or a dark green or brown (military colours). The footer text isn't really readable with this background image. It's a really simple design but it works.CodeDivs were used instead of tables for the layout, nice. I noticed the meta, title, link were declared twice, like you have 2 heads. They should only be 1. There is no </meta>, your meta tag should end with /> to be xhtml compliant. What is <body spellcheck="false">? Remove the spellcheck attribute since I doubt you use that. I don't know why you used 2 divs for the navigation when this could be easily done with 1 div.

• 1 month later...

Those black corners. Stop me if I'm wrong, but if you save the round corner images as gif's, won't the square be transparent, therefore only displaying the curve?I think it looks very good for your first try.

but if you save the round corner images as gif's, won't the square be transparent, therefore only displaying the curve?
Only if you specify that area as transparent - he made it black, so it appears black.The image - http://www.3rdcommandos.110mb.com/images/cont_top.gif

Archived