Anyone Help on this XSLT coding

srkumar

Hii,The following is my Xml file:<questions><question id="q1"><head>1.</head> <p>How is Indiana's farming today like its early farming?</p></question><question id="q2"><head>2.</head> <p>How is Indiana's farming today different from its early farming?</p></question></questions><answer idref="q1"><head>1.</head> <p>Many Indian farmers raise corn and hogs today, just as they did in the past.</p></answer><answer idref="q2"><head>2.</head> <p>Today, farmers raise other crops such as soybeans; farms are larger with fewer workers; modern machines have replaced wooden plows and picking corn by hand.</p></answer>I want to convert this as<list type="ol"><li id="q1"><p>How is Indiana's farming today like its early farming?</p></li><li id="q2"><p>How is Indiana's farming today different from its early farming?</p></li></list><list type="ol"><li id="q1"><p>Many Indian farmers raise corn and hogs today, just as they did in the past.</p></li><li id="q2"><p>Today, farmers raise other crops such as soybeans; farms are larger with fewer workers; modern machines have replaced wooden plows and picking corn by hand.</p></li></list>Thanks in Advance,srkumar

I suppose you also store those elements in some container, as this is not a well formed XML document as it is. Having said that:

<xsl:template match="/*">  <xsl:copy>	<list type="ol">	  <xsl:for-each select="questions/question">		<li id="{@id}"><xsl:copy-of select="p"/></li>	  </xsl:for-each>	</list>	<list type="ol">	  <xsl:for-each select="answer">		<li id="{@idref}"><xsl:copy-of select="p"/></li>	  </xsl:for-each>	</list>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template>

Of course there are better ways of doing this, but this probably the easiest one to analyze.

Ya.... Its Working Thanks.. Thanks boen....

I suppose you also store those elements in some container, as this is not a well formed XML document as it is. Having said that:
<xsl:template match="/*">  <xsl:copy>	<list type="ol">	  <xsl:for-each select="questions/question">		<li id="{@id}"><xsl:copy-of select="p"/></li>	  </xsl:for-each>	</list>	<list type="ol">	  <xsl:for-each select="answer">		<li id="{@idref}"><xsl:copy-of select="p"/></li>	  </xsl:for-each>	</list>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template>

Of course there are better ways of doing this, but this probably the easiest one to analyze.

Archived