going for html,xhtml,css exam certificate

princezuda

I took the exam on the 9th, if you've gone through the tutorials and can ace the quizzes, then you're in good shape! You have 70 minutes to complete 70 questions, if you know the material, you will not need this much time. As far as questions are concerned, anything that has been covered in the tutorials will be on the test, there are no questions on that test that aren't covered through the tutorials. They are all either multiple choice or true/false. If you can get 100% on the HTML, XHTML, CSS without cheating, then you're good to go! Good luck to anyone taking the test!

What, questions like "What does 'omnitag' mean?", "What character does the entity ⊃ produce?" and "What MIME type are HTML documents served as?"Can you remember any examples?

princezuda, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't pass the test, and it's definately to fail by only a slight amount. I don't know if it's 50% HTML, but yes, a fair amount did cover it. I know that it may seem like nonsense to study HTML if the W3C recommends the conversion to XHTML, but it's still important to know HTML despite. I don't know if web design is just a hobby for you or if you want to pursue it as your career... I myself am a freelance web developer, (hoping to start a business) and a lot of my contracts consist of coverting HTML 4.01 documents to XHTML or plugging in snippets of codes that were marked up using generators, and to keep the DTD valid, I've had to use HTML. That's just an example where HTML can come in handy and why it's useful. By no means do I mean to poke at you, but every question on that test was valid. I'll admit it was a little harder than I had anticipated, but there could have been far more obscure questions. :) I don't know how much credibility this certificate has, but I do know that a certification in general means that you can eat, breath, sleep, and have the area of expertise memorized. If you plan on taking it again, best of luck.

Archived