What's going on with W3S

vchris

I joined a new forum and I bet some other members did. Sorry everybody. I'm leaving! The website screwup or whatever it was left me out of contact with other developers with too long here so yea...

I joined a new forum and I bet some other members did. Sorry everybody. I'm leaving! The website screwup or whatever it was left me out of contact with other developers with too long here so yea...
Thanks for letting us know twice. You're free to do as you wish, not sure why its necessary to make such a point of it though. :)

Remember that this board is overseen by InvisionZone...
actually invisionzone just hosts it and w3s is in full control.
I think you're missing the excellent point Synook makes.Perhaps because of the hollidays, W3Schools forgot to pay InvisionZone the bill for the next year/month/whatever?

but why does w3schools need invisionZone to host this forum for them? They already host the website so what's hosting a forum...

but why does w3schools need invisionZone to host this forum for them? They already host the website so what's hosting a forum...
A few hundeds, if not thousands of megabytes I believe.Each letter in every single post you see is a byte. Add to that the additional data that every registered user adds up just by being registered and you'll eventually reach gigabytes of data.W3Schools may not have this capacity on the server where they host the site. InvisionZone however has it. Their servers were specifically built to handle this kind of big load.

A few hundeds, if not thousands of megabytes I believe.Each letter in every single post you see is a byte. Add to that the additional data that every registered user adds up just by being registered and you'll eventually reach gigabytes of data.W3Schools may not have this capacity on the server where they host the site. InvisionZone however has it. Their servers were specifically built to handle this kind of big load.
I know of a forum about the same size as this one running phpbb2 and it's about 300mb I believe. I don't think the DB is in the GB. Even if it is every hosting company now offers crazy space.

Archived