What are other popular forums for web developing discussions?

skaterdav85

what are the most popular forums for web developing discussions?
Check out the list of forums I visit. I have some listed on my blog page at http://www.xmlscoop.com under Forums. At the moment siteexperts.com is down, but I expect them to fix it shortly. There are more, but you need to be more specific. Googling on, "web development forums", may help as well.

Just wondering, what do you guys think of the use of the posts : users ratio as an indicator of forum quality? This theoretically should indicate how long people stay on the forums before wandering off, how involved the general community is, and also perhaps the age of the forums. For example, the posts : users ratio for the WebDeveloper.com forum (Ranked first for Google "Web development forum" is 8.72, while on average each user of this forum posts 14.85 posts. DevShed (Google ranked 2) has a ratio of 8.62. So... what does this indicate about the respective forums?

We usually remove accounts with 0 posts after about 6 months here which may have an affect on that ratio. Not sure if the other forums do that. Those forums mentioned have a much parger member base than w3s and they probably get far more members that only post to ask a question an rarely partipate in other discussions.

www.devhunters.com. Refer SpOrTsDuDe.Reese
I thought you left.As an aside, that really is a horrible skin on that forum.

And most of the people there think PHP 4 is better then PHP 5. PHP 4 is a subset of PHP 5. It can't possibly be better. It's also no longer supported and is being removed from several servers and replaced with the stable version of PHP 5 while version 6 is in development.

I thought you left.As an aside, that really is a horrible skin on that forum.
yeah, I though so too. I'll admit to knowing nothing about any other online community other than that provided by my affiliated hosting service - so I"m no where near qualified to reply to the question - I happen to find everything I need here.Having said that, FYI:devhunterTopic Categories: 34, Posts: 18,238, Members: 837, Most Online: 243w3schoolsTopic Categories: 20, Posts: 92,816, Members: 6,265, Most Online: 758Statistically speaking, even with giving w3schools a big thumbs down for three major down time events in as many years, I think I'd have better luck finding coding answers here. That site's posts are spread out over a wider variety of categories that include raffles, buy/sell/trade, videos, and more. Plus, they lump all the server side languages into one category. For web developers, I still find this forum more accommodating.

There have been a very small number of exceptions when I couldn't fins the answer I needed and that always came down to it either being a topic not covered by this forum and I was taking a shot in the dark or it was related to some advanced ASP.Net settings that I got a MS employee to answer over on forums.asp.net

Archived