HTML for XBox

Guest FirefoxRocks

Guest FirefoxRocks

I don't know much about gaming consoles, but I have a few questions here:1. Does the Xbox access the Internet? Like with Xbox Live?2. Does it browse HTML pages?3. boen_robot, could you please tell me about your name and opinion about the Xbox gaming console.I was just curious, I don't plan to start some major project on designing for Microsoft or anything.FirefoxRocks

1. Yes, Xbox and Xbox 360 can access the internet, but not the WWW. It can only do this by going through Xbox Live.2. No, neither the Xbox or Xbox 360 have a web browser, unlike the Playstation 3.3. In my opinion, Xbox is the best console currently available. PS3 is too expensive and no longer has many great exclusive titles. Nintendo's Wii is too childish in my opinion. Xbox Live is the best on-line gaming network in the world due to the richness of the service.

I don't know much about gaming consoles, but I have a few questions here:1. Does the Xbox access the Internet? Like with Xbox Live?2. Does it browse HTML pages?3. boen_robot, could you please tell me about your name and opinion about the Xbox gaming console.I was just curious, I don't plan to start some major project on designing for Microsoft or anything.FirefoxRocks
OK, creepy much.... why would you create a whole new topic, and ask me something personally in it? I would have understood if it was in the XSLT forum (since I'm one of the very few that reply regularly there, along with aalbetski), but in the (X)HTML forum?I have no opinion on XBox whatsoever, as I simply don't have one and I've never seen one either, orther than in commercials and videos of course.As far as I'm aware, it doesn't have a browser, it just has the ability to connect to other XBox-es by IP or domain name for the sake of internet gaming. And as for XBox Live, I belive from a game developer's point of view, it's a Microsoft community using a custom protocol they must implement in their game if they are to make it "Live"-able.I may be completely off the track here though. That's all just my own assumptions. Ask someone that has XBox or knows more about it for a definite answer.

I have an xbox which is possibly moded. It acts as a multimedia center, it plays mp3, movies, pictures from my computer and can access the internet (www) and the mod application provides a browser as well. It's a pain to navigate with since I have to enter each letter with the controller but it can go on the web.

Archived