Accidentally deleted a file from USB pen

Munchkin237

Hi wasn't sure where to put this but I'm just panicking right now....Just now, I accidentally deleted a file I didn't have backed up on my computer. It was the css file for the website I am making I was wondering if anyone knows of any way to get back files which are deleted from USB pens? I've tried downloading a few programs which claim to do this.. but they never find the .css file Anyone help me?

dunno about recovering the file, but a long shot might be to check your browser cache - you might get lucky and have a copy there.

Depending on the browser you're using, there are different ways to get to the cache. Also called temporary internet files or something similar. If the site was online, you can also check the Google cache or the internet archive.

If the file is in your brower's cache, it won't appear with the same name. It could appear with something like "[1]" right before the extension.Search through the folder justsomeguy mentioned already, and look manually for the CSS file.Look for localhost as an adress. If that's not there (i.e. if you've accessed the file with the filesystem until now), than I'm afraid your CSS never went into the browser's cache.Try to use a file recovery tool like EasyRecovery for example over the USB flash drive. DO NOT write anything over the flash drive until you recover it. Your chances of finding anything that was deleted in the past descrease with every next write.

Archived