Text in SWF files not showing up in Netscape?

tedvieira

I've been creating various elements of flash in my websites. I usually preview the sites using both Mac and PC, and using IE, Firefox, Safari and Netscape.Just recently I noticed that using Netscape on a PC (Vista), the text of the swf file doesn't show. It's not consistent. In some files it seems to show just as it should, however, in some files all text just doesn't show. It doesn't matter if the text has been coverted to a graphic or a button, or just left "as is". It's not concistent, and is confusing. Anyone else experiece this, and can you help me fix this?Thanks very much!Ted Vieira,

Do you have an online example of a movie that doesn't show text in Vista/Netscape? Do some testing to narrow down the problem, first make sure that everything works in XP first and make sure the browser versions and Flash player versions are the same on both systems. If the only difference is the OS then that will help narrow it down.

Do you have an online example of a movie that doesn't show text in Vista/Netscape? Do some testing to narrow down the problem, first make sure that everything works in XP first and make sure the browser versions and Flash player versions are the same on both systems. If the only difference is the OS then that will help narrow it down.
Here is a site that works fine in every browser, on both platforms, except for Netscape with Vista: http://www.pacificfabworks.comUsing the other browsers with Mac or PC you can see various lines of text and a menu in the upper right corner of the presentation. With Netscape/Vista you do see one line of text, but no other text or menu buttons. Only graphics. Even the lines you can't see were converted to a graphic using Flash.Thanks for any ideas/input.Ted Vieira

It might be a font issue, you might be using a font that isn't installed with Vista. But that should affect all browsers on Vista, not just one. To get around that though you can embed the fonts into the Flash movie so that it's not required that they be installed with the OS.

It might be a font issue, you might be using a font that isn't installed with Vista. But that should affect all browsers on Vista, not just one. To get around that though you can embed the fonts into the Flash movie so that it's not required that they be installed with the OS.
I don't think it's a font issue. I typically use standard fonts like Helvetica, Times, etc... Also, the text I'm not seeing has been converted to an image or a button. How do you embed the fonts? That might be helpful for other situations.Thanks again,Ted

How do you embed the fonts?
When you click on the text field I think in the properties panel there is an Embed button. You can click on that and choose which characters you want to embed, more characters increases the file size of the SWF.

Archived