Firefox not reading CSS file?

rustysilo

I'm a beginner with css and my page displays fine in IE, but it appears that Firefox isn't even reading the css file. Is there something I need to do specifically for Firefox. Here is the code. Pls tell me of anything else that is incorrectly coded. This is the most basic of pages as I'm just beginning.

body {	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}a {	color: #000000; text-decoration: none}a:visited {	color: #000000; text-decoration: none}a:hover {	text-decoration: underline}

and the html as coded in Dreamweaver MX

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title>Darcy A. Farris</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><link href="/css/daf_basic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><h2>Darcy A. Farris</h2><h3>drafting & design</h3><ul>  <li>CADD Services</li>  <li>Earthworks Calculations</li>  <li>CADD Training</li>  <li>CADD Consulting</li>  <li>Standards Development</li></ul><a href="mailto:darcyafarris@aim.com">contact</a></body></html>

Take out the first / in /css/daf_basic.css
That's strange. Dreamweaver put that in and it looked fine in Dreamweaver and if I did preview in browser (F12) it looked fine in IE, but if I opened it outside of Dw then it didn't. It's fixed now!Thanks a bunch! I appreciate it.

Archived