SSL Connection?

Jamesking56

Sorry for being so noobish....how do I add SSL Connection to a webpage? I have a Cpanel 11 Hosting account and I need SSL as important data is being sent throughPlease tell me!

Your hosting provider should have a processed outlined for you -call the support line or look at a knowledge base for them - if neither exist, get a new host.As for the process, it basically starts with you (or your host) creating a certificate request file. This gets done from the web site that it is to be installed in. When you buy your certificate you upload that request file. The SSL provider then generates an intermediate certificate which then gets installed in the site - by you or your host. Once that is verified then your regular certificate get delivered and installed.Hope that helps - just don't over buy your SSL - get the amount of encryption and insurance as needed - again the SSL provider you select should be able to help you determine which is right for you. The cost starts at $20 a year well up to thousands of dollars.

Archived