Controlling printer settings in browser

griffinmt

I am trying to controll the setup of a browser when printing specific types of forms. For example, many browers print the url info, page numbers etc along the header and footer of each page that gets printed. I want to temporarily override that when printing a form that uses the entire page space (eg: label pages, tax forms etc).Is there a way to accomplish this from Javascript, or even via CSS?Martyn

Unfortunately, you can't.
Thanks for the answer, even if it isn't what I had hoped to hear!!. I suppose that it would be considered a security risk anyway. Doing this sort of thing with vb apps was quite straight forward. Thought I would get more portability with it being a browser based app, and indeed I did, just lost a few things along the way.

There is an ActiveX control that will change those settings, but it works in IE only. Nothing else supports ActiveX.
Yep, I was familiar with using some of those when we knew the customer was 'supposed' to be using IE.But now it is just as likely Firefox and Opera. Was hoping (beyond hope) that something was available to JS on all the platforms.Thanx

Archived