sorting array

Matpatnik

<?php$array = Array("1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "0", "a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "l", "m", "n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", "x", "y", "z", "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G", "H", "I", "J", "K", "L", "M", "N", "O", "P", "Q", "R", "S", "T", "U", "V", "W", "X", "Y", "Z", " ", "!", "@", "#", "\\\$", "%", "^", "&", "*", "(", ")", "_", "-", "=", "+", "\\\\", "|", ",", "<", ".", ">", "?", "'", "\\\"", "`", "~");asort($array);echo implode("", $array);?>returns: !"#$%&'()*+,-.0123456789<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ\^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz|~note: the result begins with a space
I have some problem sorting an array because some entity are the first letter.eg: été will go in front of action which a suppose to be in front of eany idea?

Try to use natsort(). If that too fails, I'm afraid you're out of luck. The only possible way then would be to construct a special sorting mechanism on your own which will be based on string comparrison.

I find a way to sort it. I was looking way too far like always lol this is my function:

function sort_entity($array) {	$total = count($array);	for ($i=0;$i<$total;$i++) {		if ($array[$i]{0} == '&') {			$array[$i] = $array[$i]{1}.$array[$i];		} else {			$array[$i] = $array[$i]{0}.$array[$i];		}	}	sort($array);		for ($i=0;$i<$total;$i++) {		$array[$i] = substr($array[$i],1);	}		return $array;}

I simply add the second letter at the beginning of the entity, sort it and take it off.if you guys find a better way of doing it, let me know :)

Archived