Rounded Corners Techniques with CSS

Norman

I remember this topic: http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=13183. I was asking for rounded corners techniques, but I I could not keep the first message updated by including all possibilities with descriptions, then I'm writing this new topic becouse I've found a really nice blog entry. And I want to share it with you becouse it's really well written. Updated with new links!

What's the best technique, in your opinion? :)

I like the thinking behind the quote rounded example, some of them however really are for the photoshopper, I am honestly not a great graphic designer and I would find it a real task to design in photoshop something half descent for a menu, and so i prefer simple !

Guest FirefoxRocks

All of them are very nice, but I prefer using the CSS3 border-radius property. It hasn't been standardized yet, but I can use the below example to achieve this effect:

div#cone {-moz-border-radius: 5px;-webkit-border-radius: 5px;border-radius: 5px}

Obviously it will only work in Gecko (Firefox/Flock/Netscape) browsers and Safari. But it is still better than using images or JavaScript in my opinion.If you need them bad enough to support Internet Explorer, then use one of the methods mentioned in the blog post. If you can live with your pages having regular corners in IE, use my method.

• 2 months later...

Archived