Styling missing for error files in pw-protected area

kurt.santo

I have in my root level an .htaccess file with the following relevant entries:ErrorDocument 401 /more/401.phpErrorDocument 403 /more/403.phpErrorDocument 404 /more/404.phpErrorDocument 500 /more/500.phpMy problem. One of the sub-sub-folders is password protected via .htaccess in relevant folder with entry of password in .htpasswd. When the user enters three times the wrong username and/or password he/she is seeing my "authorisation required" file, but it shows without any styling (use external style sheet). Tried to enter a wrong file name in one of the "normal" sub-folders and it shows the 404.php nicely with all css formatting applied.Why could it be the the styles are not applied?Kurt

Check the paths to your style sheet. Use an absolute url to the style sheet to double check.Without seeing any code or examples..thats all i can think of. But missing styles is usually due to the case of the style sheet not been found thru a wrong link.:)

Check the paths to your style sheet. Use an absolute url to the style sheet to double check.Without seeing any code or examples..thats all i can think of. But missing styles is usually due to the case of the style sheet not been found thru a wrong link.:)
Absolute path for css and images in error documents did the trick, cheers. Still strange that it found the correct file, but did not display it properly. When you entered a wrong file name in any other folder or in the root level the error file showed up nicely...Kurt

Archived