custom fonts

killay

Hi,I'm trying to embed a custom font into my website.I made some researches and found out it's possible by converting your font into an ".eot" file and then using following css code:

<style type="text/css">@font-face {font-family: nameoffont;font-style: normal;src: url(nameoffont.eot);}</style>

But how do I call my <div> then? <div id="font"> ?Or is there any other way to do it?

I've never done this. But it looks like you would just add "nameof font" (font names must contain quotes if they contain spaces) to your style declarations.

#sample {font-family: "nameof font", Arial, "Times New Roman";}

Oh dear...

Embedded OpenType is a proprietary standard supported exclusively by Internet Explorer.
But anyway, did you just rename the font file with .eot, or did you use the Microsoft WEFT tool? Only the latter method ensures a correct .eot file. Then, after the @font-face declaration you would just name the font when defining font-family, as per ScottR's post.
<style type="text/css">@font-face {	font-family: nameoffont;	font-style: normal;	src: url(nameoffont.eot);}div#font /* or whichever element */ {	font-family:nameoffont;}</style>

Well I used microsoft WEFT tool.I just saved it on my computer and later uploaded on the webspace.This is the code I have:

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;iso-8859-1"><meta name="description" content="FW MX CSS Layer"><style type="text/css">@font-face {font-family: STEREOF0;font-style: normal;src: url(STEREOF0.eot);}div#welcome {font-family: "STEREOF0";}</style></head><body>	<div id="welcome">	:: Welcome to ...::	</div></body></html>

But apperently it doesn't work.

What browser are you using? Also, you can remove the quotes for single-word font names.

Archived