Receiving "Word Doc" files upon Uploading through html forms!!!

aamberker

Hi Folks :mellow: OKAY - We would like to receive JobSeeker's document files via our HTML page.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<body><form method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="XXX"><p><input type="file" name="F1" size="20"><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1"><input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></p></form></body>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wondering how to accomplish this task now. :) Perhaps the following details might be useful. :) - Server is running on IIS 6.0. - Server is on HP P-4 and 1 GB RAM. - The site is running on Windows 2003 server.Note: Instead of sending "Reference URLs", please let me know the steps and techniques to accomplish the above task

This reference URL contains good instructions - I couldn't explain it better :)http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_file_upload.asp (do you have PHP?)
Hi Synook,Thanks for your response.
I couldn't explain it better :mellow:
YOU CAN!!!... Just go-ahead and try :) Will try my best to understand your explanation :wub:
(do you have PHP?)
I guess yes or perhaps not... :wub:

First you need to figure out if your server supports PHP. If it supports PHP then you can use that, it is easier then ASP. If your server only supports ASP then you will need to install a file upload component for ASP. If you're planning on doing anything else dynamic with the site it would probably be better to install PHP and use that instead of ASP.Step 1 is figure out if the server has PHP installed. You can create a PHP file with this in it and run it on the server to find out:<?php phpinfo(); ?>

First you need to figure out if your server supports PHP. If it supports PHP then you can use that, it is easier then ASP. If your server only supports ASP then you will need to install a file upload component for ASP. If you're planning on doing anything else dynamic with the site it would probably be better to install PHP and use that instead of ASP.Step 1 is figure out if the server has PHP installed. You can create a PHP file with this in it and run it on the server to find out:<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Hi justsomeguy,Thanks a lot for your response.Well, what I understand is that I need to place the following code -<?php phpinfo(); ?>in "test.php" file and then after uploading, I need to pull www.DOMAINNAME.com/test.php to check whether our Company's server supports PHP or nope.Am I making sense??? Please confirm.Thanks.