wamp5/php not executing/sql confusion help please

paulmo

have created database/table in php/myadmin which looks exactly like godaddy server i'm used to. then going to local host screen (wamp5 home), in browser file/open/index.php; php scripts are not executing. then i see there's also an sql lite manager--this is a different app than the sql database in php/myadmin (mentioned above) where i set up the database/table. so try to create a database/table in lite manager but no clue about browse/path fields, or even if it's necessary to set up 2 (!) different databases locally.then there's a mysql console that asks for a password. that makes 3 different sql areas. i'm trying to get a handle on this to see php results without having to upload constantly to godaddy. have clicked on "start all services" in wamp5. the download of wamp5 went fine. it includes:apache 2.2.6php 5.2.5mysql 5.0.45i'm guessing "put online" is not necessary for my local previewing...anyhow putting it online doesn't make a difference concerning php not executing. thanks for help

MySQL != SQL Lite - they are two different systems. Your PHP scripts probably use MySQL.

then going to local host screen (wamp5 home), in browser file/open/index.php; php scripts are not executing.
Check in your browser address bar when you are at index.php, it should say something like http://localhost/index.php and not file://C:/wamp/www/index.php
then there's a mysql console that asks for a password. that makes 3 different sql areas.
The MySQL console accesses the same databases as the phpMyAdmin, just in a different way.

Archived