Designer's worst nightmare

elementalgrace

How does one respond to the designer's worst nightmare feedback of "I don't like it but I don't know why". Likes the concept but the the actual design.I have been back twice to try and clarify what exactly the client does not like about the design, to which they respond "I don't know dear. Just go and make it look pretty" :) Unfortunately the client is also my boss, so I can't just dump him until he pulls his socks up. Suggested responses welcome.

Have you asked them to surf the web and provide you URLs for sites that they like and those they do not like?Do they have any brand identity that you strayed to far from?how do you feel about appreciating their business and being able to understand it to a point where you can translate it visually.Alot of times, some clients can be convinced a design is good if you can justify how it fits with their organization. Naturally, you would only go this far if the design really was that good and really did address all the functional needs as well as being good on the eyes.

Archived