replace function problems

javajoemorgan

I have a small piece of xml that contains a reference to an image, and the reference needs to be changed. I suspect the replace function is good for that. Here's the actual code snippet that tries to create the anchor to the image derived from the GRAPHICFILEPATH attribute of a nested GRAPHIC element:

<a class="clsGraphicLink" href="{replace(GRAPHIC/@GRAPHICFILEPATH, 'aaaa.bbbb.com', 'xxxx.yyyy.com/extImage')}" target="_blank">	   Fig. <xsl:number format="1" level="any"/>: <xsl:value-of select="CAPTION"/></a>

The GRAPHICFILEPATH contains a direct link to the image, however, we can't have that in our resulting HTML page. We have to have it point back to us. So, if the actual GRAPHICFILEPATH = "http://aaaa.bbbb.com/images/BlueBonnet.jpg", it just needs to be output as "http://xxxx.yyyy.com/extImage/images/BlueBonnet.jpg". So, I "thought" the above replace function would work, but it is returning a blank.I am 1000% percent certain the value of GRAPHICFILEPATH contains the "aaaa.bbbb.com".... just why is the replace not working?I'm getting:

<a class="clsGraphicLink" href="" target="_blank">Fig whatever</a>

Are you sure you have an XSLT 2.0 processor, and that you've declared 'version="2.0"' at the top of the stylesheet? The replace() function is only available in XSLT 2.0.

Are you sure you have an XSLT 2.0 processor, and that you've declared 'version="2.0"' at the top of the stylesheet? The replace() function is only available in XSLT 2.0.
I do have 'version="2.0"' declared, and am fairly certain the processor is v2. Is there a poor man's way of finding out via the XSL. The device I'm using doesn't tell me directly.

I do have 'version="2.0"' declared, and am fairly certain the processor is v2. Is there a poor man's way of finding out via the XSL. The device I'm using doesn't tell me directly.
<xsl:value-of select="system-property('xsl:version')"/>

will tell you what version of XSLT can your XSLT processor process. If it's at least SAXON 8 or AltovaXML2007 (and you know THAT for sure), there's no even need to do the system property part - those processors are known to support XSLT 2.0.

<xsl:value-of select="system-property('xsl:version')"/>

will tell you what version of XSLT can your XSLT processor process. If it's at least SAXON 8 or AltovaXML2007 (and you know THAT for sure), there's no even need to do the system property part - those processors are known to support XSLT 2.0.

OK...cool and not so cool! It plainly returned version 1.What options do I have?

Archived