Hosting in UK

kurt.santo

For the UK folks (or the ones hosting over here):Since quite a time I have a real nightmare with my hosting company (just one example: they having difficulties with their email servers I try to call them since 3 days with the lines being busy;-(), I finally came to the conclusion: Enough is enough! Researched other possibilites and found heartinternet. Looking throught the specs of the relevant product it all looks amazing. Does anyone have experience with them? Would be glad to receive some feedback.Just one more question relating to hosting package: With that package it says that PHP5 has SOAP support. What is SOAP?Kurt

Even though i'm in the UK, i dont have my sites hosted hereBut as for soap..it means you get to be nice and clean :)only joking..its actually thishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAPor this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_(TV_series) :):mellow:
Thanks for your input. Actually, I misphrased my question (as I have read the definition, but did not understand it completely): Is SOAP a protocol similar to TCP for example, with the difference being that it is only for XML? And, most importantly, what consequences does this in general have for an php developer? Does it just mean that if SOAP is enabled for the relevant PHP version that you can use this protocol or is there more behind?KurtBy the way, I hope someone else has experience with UK hosting. Would be nice to get one or two thoughts on the subject as I have visited many hosting companies comparing sites, but had impression those were not objective.Reason for edit: spelling mistake that changed meaning of sentence

Just a quick note: I went ahead and changed my hosting/domain name company to Heart Internet. Apart from that they do not provide any telephone support whatsover (which annoyed me before I realised how quickly they actually respond to a logged ticket) seems they are ok so far. Obviously, only time will tell...Kurt

Archived