Where to start CSS

YTK

Hello all. I'm new to the forum as well as to CSS. I've worked with HTML since I began web design, and now I want to move up to something more advanced so I can align my site up a little better and maybe have it look a little nicer, and the experience I think will be good to have. I want to learn CSS, but am not quite sure where to start, I was hoping you guys could give me some tips in learning, like where to start and what to learn about CSS. I've looked at some site's tutorials but they were just too confusing.So what's the best way to go about learning CSS? (also I heard it doesn't work for some browsers, how truthful is this?)Thank you to everyone who takes the time to reply and at least read my question, appriciate it!(If this is in the wrong thread or anything I'm sorry, I didn't see anywhere else for it to go.)

The tutorials here are pretty straightforward. A lot of them use the "try-it" editor, which allows you to experiment quickly, without having to set up test pages and so on. Playing with the code and getting instant feedback is an excellent way to learn.But when you get around to experimenting on your own, I would use test pages, or at most tinker with copies of working pages. Then it won't matter if you do something weird.And treat the whole thing like a learning experience. Just like the days when you started HTML, you're starting something new here and you WILL make things that look weird. At first. Then you'll get better.One tip before I finish. The most basic rookie mistake in CSS is trying to use the equals sign. CSS uses the colon instead. It's very easy to forget and not notice.http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

One tip before I finish. The most basic rookie mistake in CSS is trying to use the equals sign. CSS uses the colon instead. It's very easy to forget and not notice.
You know what, now that I think about it, I do this often when trying to use CSS. I'll have to break that habbit.Alright then, I will most surley take your advice. I'll tinker around, I'll check out the tutorials here, so Thank you much! :)

Archived