Want to add voting poll

Matilda Johnson

Get a host with a server-side language (such as PHP) installed. There is no way you can store the data from the poll after a person votes without server-side scripting. The only option I can think of is a form which makes the client e-mail the poll results to you, but this means that clients will have to interface through their email applications, you will have to view every e-mail and compile results as they arrive. Only do that if you are desperate. I suppose if you searched hard enough you may be able to find a remotely-hosted service which you can load into an iframe...

Thank you for advice a lot. My ex-boyfriend has already advised me to use remotely hosted services. I’m actually not sure what it means. I found eyucca.com and votinserver.com. The first seems not work, and at the second - I didn’t understand what to do. Can anyone explain a blond what means remotely hosted services, what to do with it? And how in the end I can install it :)

I found this one: http://uk.bpath.com/poll/qwz_info.dbm - it doesn't look like it uses a server-side language (it seems to be remotely hosted). Sign up and follow the instructions, if you have trouble you can post here again.

You can think of remotely hosted service as another server (a computer with special software making their files accessible on the Internet) that will allow you to enter your own questions, answers, results, etc. into their database and they will allow you to create a link to their page or include in a frame and display the poll on their server.

MySpace is horribly limited. If it uses JavaScript (which I believe it does), give up. MySpace does not allow JavaScript of any sort after some prankster created a script on his page which made everyone who visited his friend.

Well, and is there any way to pass it over? May be there are some other services?
With MySpace? Doubt it. They are paranoid.
"Optimized for CSS3, HTML5, IPv6 and Internet2".
Err.. that means that it uses ultra-modern technologies that practically no-one has at the moment. So, it means that it won't actually work in any browser (unless it is a super-new pre-release one, e.g. it should partially work in Opera 9.5). Err... are you sure it said that?

Err.. that means that it uses ultra-modern technologies that practically no-one has at the moment. So, it means that it won't actually work in any browser (unless it is a super-new pre-release one, e.g. it should partially work in Opera 9.5). Err... are you sure it said that?Yes, horrible :) But you know, it works however

More likely it's just marketing buzzwords. I don't know how you would optimize something for Internet2, for example. That doesn't make sense. Or IPv6 either, for that matter. In fact, how exactly would you optimize something for CSS3 or HTML5 anyway? You can use those technologies, but optimizing for them doesn't make any sense. Probably just marketing.

In fact, how exactly would you optimize something for CSS3 or HTML5 anyway?
You could optimise by using those technologies, maybe, e.g. by using the <footer> tag in HTML5 instead of using a div with a massive CSS definition, and CSS3 for shadows instead of images.

Get the lingo right, justsomeguy. The site is utilizing those technologies. Geez . . .
I don't know, it looks more like they're leveraging a solution to maximize productivity while streamlining process integration. If you ask me, it looks like a paradigm is being deployed to sustain synergy and add some value. Clearly this is their core competency.

I don't know, it looks more like they're leveraging a solution to maximize productivity while streamlining process integration. If you ask me, it looks like a paradigm is being deployed to sustain synergy and add some value. Clearly this is their core competency.
Yeah, guys, I don't understand a word of your discussion, but, that's ok, just go on - it's interesting. Bravo!!

We're just BSing, I think the conclusion that was reached was that it would not be possible to set up votingserver.com services on MySpace, but it would probably be best for you to ask votingserver.com specifically if that is possible. They would definately know more then us whether or not they can be used together, and if so, how.

Archived