Problem with sessions

mike_g

I have a php page that checks logins, and if correct sets some fields in the session. My problem is that when i go back to the original page the variables in the session dont seem to have stayed set.Heres part of my page header:

<?php 	include('../Functions.php');	include('../CodeFunction.php');	include('../postdata.php');	session_start(); 		if(!isset($_SESSION['username']))	{			$_SESSION['username']="";		$_SESSION['password']="";	}?>

Heres a function called that adds either a login, or reply box:

function AddPostData($topic)	{			$link = mysql_connect("10.13.7.1","michael","m");		mysql_select_db("michael1");		$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM posts WHERE title='$topic'");		while($row = mysql_fetch_object($result))		{			AddPost($row);		}		mysql_close($link);		mysql_free_result($result); 			//if(!session_is_registered('username'))		if($_SESSION['username'] == "")			AddLogin();		else			AddResponse();		}

And heres my check login script (which is a seperate page):

<?php// This code was grabbed from:  http://www.phpeasystep.com/workshopview.php?id=6ob_start();// Connect to server and select databse.mysql_connect("10.13.7.1","michael","m")or die("cannot connect");mysql_select_db("michael1")or die("cannot select DB");// Define $myusername and $mypassword$u=$_POST['uname'];$p=$_POST['pword'];$sql="SELECT * FROM users1 WHERE username='$u' and password='$p'";$result=mysql_query($sql);$count=mysql_num_rows($result);if($count==1){	//session_register("username");	//session_register("password");	$_SESSION["username"]=$u;	$_SESSION["password"]=$p;}ob_end_flush();header('Location: Pages/01_Index.php');?>

When I return to the main page after logging in why arent 'username' and 'password' set in the session?Thanks.

Archived