blog/art type suggestions please

paulmo

looking for suggestions how to add dhtml or javascript, php features to my site: http://www.hedonismtoday.com there are 3 sections to image map, white, grey black...should probably make that easier to navigate? using one php script for date. interested in developing a comments area...would like to learn js or php to do that. other suggestions? thanks

Get rid of the splash screen, that is just confusing.

looking for suggestions how to add dhtml or javascript, php features to my site
It is better to first want features, then implement them, not implement features then figure out why you want them. :) Simple and usable is always best.
using one php script for date. interested in developing a comments area...would like to learn js or php to do that. other suggestions?
You will need to learn PHP as well as SQL (you could just store comments in a file but you wouldn't be able to have many features then).

Alt text only appears in IE (use title). But honestly, the splash screen is simply weird. I went to your site, and saw a big grey blob on the screen. No text, just a strange image. There wasn't even an enter button, and I was actually about to close the site when I accidentally moved my mouse over the center area and realised it was a link. I would suggest at least changing the alt texts to boxes that are always on the screen, and clearly marking the link to enter the site. Btu seriously, splash screens are highly not recommended.

Archived