Valid flash for XHTML

djp1988

I followed the instructions on this site: http://alistapart.com/articles/flashsatayto apply to my site: www.actionscriptcoding.comAnd all looks fine, but in order to be valid w3c XHTML I had to cut out the code that detected if the flash player of the visitor is the latest one, and so I had to get around this with valid code, and so adding it as the second child of the <object> tag, and so if the latest player was detected the page would load the first child of the <object> tag, and the problem is non existent, but if the player is not installed or is an early version that needs to be updated, then it ignores the swf info and passes onto the second child which is the loaded, and this second child happens to be an image prompting visitors to click it and go off to adobe to download the latest version. Okay however, I am not sure this code works as I have the latest version of the flash player, so how can i test this code works? is there a way of disactivating the flash player for the browser? In order to promt this image?thank you for your responses

You can find it in the add/remove programs list in the control panel. Older versions will be listed under Macromedia and newer versions are listed under Adobe. Make sure you remove everything related to the Flash player or Flash ActiveX plugins. Make sure to also have your web browsers closed when you are uninstalling.

I don't know, they probably have some random cutesy name that doesn't tell you what it actually does. "Find" and "Search" are both great choices for a utility that looks for things on your computer, would anyone know to click on "Sherlock"?

• 3 weeks later...
http://browsershots.org/ is you perfect solution IMOIt takes screen shots of your selected page in your selected browsers. You can turn whether "flash is installed" or not too ^-^Good luck`kormyen

Not bad, this is interesting, I'm on a mac so i do need to see how thing are in other pc browsers, maybe there's some other way, i see here that you have to wait a while

Archived