Noob Question

Guest zelot

Hi.Im just starting to learn the basics of how to use dreamweaver in my grade 11 bussiness class. Im kind of interested in it and I would like to start and create my own site. Im not real sure where to begin and I have no idea how I could use my computer to host the site. I have rogers Highspeed so I know if I could host the site someway my internet and computer is always on 24/7. Please help me out and send me in the right direction.Thanks.

i would suggest not useing dreamweaver it is a very helpfull tool and makes web design alot easyer but however you will learn less. :) but i will leave that to you to decide if you want a good future in this kinda stuff dont use it till you are very experiance if you dont wana have a future in this kinda stuff then it dosent really matter but its still a good thing to know.if i would also suggest not using ur own computer as a server if you wana go play a game people on ur site are not going to have a very enjoyable time theres also the high risk of your computer crashing you could put it on another computer but still it would be alot of work constant repares and maintance. but you also must decide that.gl dont mean to come down hard but its the truth.

Well, Dreamweaver is a good choice. I think what OTTO is concerned with is using it in Design Mode - and he is right. However, if you use it in Code Mode you will have certain luxuries and features that will expedite your learning experience.I would also follow his advice regarding hosting. Do not host your own site at your PC. Find a free service (tripod.com) or a cheap reliable paid service (crystaltech.com). You do not want to open your home PC to evils of the internet.