What else can I do?

killboy

Hi there.I was wondering, are there any other choices in PHP? I mean, what else can I do besides capturing data from a form send them to a DB and show them??I really wanna go beyond with PHP, is there any other kind of project which I could make?Thanks.

PHP can alter image data, create images, delete files from a server, upload files to a server, edit files already on a server, open links to IM servers(if you know the protocols and responses to expect), can create forums(like the one you're on), and much, much more. If you want to do it, PHP is the answer more often than not.

You can generate documents like PDF and Excel, make a client for FTP, HTTP, SSH, gopher, mail, IRC, etc, there are functions to work with OGG/Vorbis audio, whatever you want to do. Consider this: PHP is a Turing-complete language, which means that it can do anything that any other Turing-complete language can do. You can use PHP to create a compiler for the C language, and then use your PHP C compiler to compile the PHP C source code, so you can use PHP to compile itself. The major limits to what you can do with PHP are what you know how to do, not what PHP is capable of. If all you know how to do is process a form, then that's the only thing you'll be able to do.

Hi there.I was wondering, are there any other choices in PHP? I mean, what else can I do besides capturing data from a form send them to a DB and show them??I really wanna go beyond with PHP, is there any other kind of project which I could make?Thanks.
Start playing with sockets!

Holy crap! I didn't know PHP was that big!!It's just that what one is taught in college is basically that: get information from forms and display it, and it's also what most of the topics here are about.BTW, I've already made a forums, I also made a simple chat.I'll take all of your suggestions.Thanks for the quick replies.

Justsomeguy can u pls give the details and examples of creating php c compiler
I think justsgomeguy was only giving an example. I mean, being able to create a compiler in one language so that you can enhance that very same language means your language's syntax is complete. And PHP is at this level already.If there REALLY is such a thing though, I'd be interested in seeing it as well, especially if it makes it easy to compile functions and classes for PHP as extensions, not just alter the original source code and recompile it.

I'm not aware of any C compilers implemented in PHP. There might be one, I just don't know about any. But PHP is a Turing-complete language, and C is a Turing-complete language, so that means that literally anything you can do in one language you can do in the other.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_completeIf you want to create a C compiler, get some books on compiler design and something like the C book by K&R.

Archived