A JavaScript beggine question

primefalcon

I pretty adept these days at php, and decided to start delving into the client side scripting as php alone doesn't do everything I want such as pulling data from databases without reloading screen, automatically refreshing that data at say 1 second intervals without reloading the page and more, for use on chat rooms and more.I've been starting to try and study JavaScript today its seems simpler than I thought with a syntax very close to php using and if else and such as well.anyhow I have a script specific question for my learnings

• In a specific script iI was writing it had this line of code
    <a href="java script:;" onclick="document.bgColor='#E3701A'">Testing 1,2 and 3</a>

now that is largely my own modification of their example to find out how it works but I've tried to use an rgb value in there like this

<a href="java script:;" onclick="document.bgColor='rgb(55, 55, 55)'">

and I cant get it to work, is there a way to use rgb values in this style or am I trying to do something impossible?

Thank you in advance for any help :-)

bgColor isn't a standard attribute, it's not CSS. That's why you can't use rgb values.Try this:<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="document.body.style.backgroundColor='rgb(55, 55, 55)'">

Ok that works great, thank you though you have script color changes using that seems to stop the standard bg.color from working, which is honestly no big deal, since I can just convert it all over to rgb which easier to work with anyhow.Thank you

Try to use CSS instead of presentation attributes.
Like this?onclick="document.body.className='otherClass'"I agree in principle, but, well . . .Or did you have something better in mind? I am but a grasshopper.

Archived