My First Real Website

Truly

Just to set it up first. This site was taken on entirely as a learning project, that said I think it is a good site, or has the potential to be a good site.It is a DVD movie database. Basically a streamlined version of IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes. Whats good about this site is its very easy to use, not alot of excess garbage and it lets you search by various ways.Sorry if this is coming across as a cheap plug, just dont want people to go there and say that its a bad idea and already been done a million times .http://www.couchpotatoesonline.com

ah very nice but isn't this a template from somewhere? I think I remember seeing it somewhere...
Yup you are absolutely right, the template is just a freebe I got off the internet all the code behind it is mine. Im just not an artsy person and this project was meant primarily to work on my PHP abilities.

A couple of things I think you really need to change:1) Most of the text in with the blue background is hard to read, and when hovering over links with blue isn't helping.2) The textbox/submit button looks like they are disabled, but I can see that they change when focused/hovered.

A couple of things I think you really need to change:1) Most of the text in with the blue background is hard to read, and when hovering over links with blue isn't helping.2) The textbox/submit button looks like they are disabled, but I can see that they change when focused/hovered.
Thanks for the crits mma I will change the text/submit this weekend for sure and take a look at the text colour as well.Anything else guys?

The banner looks a bit out of place - try getting a more "blue" picture (or create images of vague blue potatoes :) )

Archived