IE and Firefox CSS

twindude

i am trying to figure out how to make a web page use CSS for firefox and IE.to do this:if the user is using Fx then the page will use Fx CSS automaticallyif the user is using IE then the page will use IE CSS automaticallyis there a way to do this automatically, without having to create a page for each browser and/or to have the user pick their browser?thanks for all the help and ideas... :)

Code the site to render correctly in FF. ALWAYS validate your code during your progress so you can catch your errors.Now look at the site in IE. You may or may not have to change anything but just tweak a margin or padding here and there. If you do have to make changes that can't be resolve for both browsers, then you would make sure it works in FF and then use Conditional Comments for IE. You can either embed the styles or you can put the css in a style sheet and use @import.You don't have to make two seperate html pages for each browser.Do a search for 'Conditional Comments' and you will find more info how it works. Avoid hacks.

I know there's the conditional comments but I have always used 1 stylesheet for all browsers, I just find a way to make it all work. To me it's just that much cleaner.

Archived