Will practicing thru IIS violate Verizon Ts&Cs

galasportn

Can anyone help answer this? I have DSL through Verizon. My OS is WinXP Pro. The ASP tutorial says to ...create a new folder under wwwroot, ... write some ASP code & save as test1.asp then type url .../localhost/myweb/test1.asp to view my first ASP page. (I needed their tech support to help me download IIS from MS because my WinXP Pro CD is not updated with SP2 and as such produced a download error when I first tried to install IIS). Verizon advised me of their terms of service that state I cannot use their DSL service as a means to host through my PC and further explained that it can't have a web front. If I violate their Terms and conditions they will shut down my DSL. Before I continue with the ASP tutorial I need to know if any of the practice will lead me to violate those T's & C's? I noticed that in the url it identifies "localhost" does this mean it is NOT visible to the internet and only resides on my computer? If the practice could breach Verizon's terms, is there a way around this? Please help! I would like to continue with the ASP tutorial as soon as possible. Thanks in advance! :)

Err... can you link to their ToS page? I can't seem to find it. But I doubt it, even if you are technically in violation there would be no way they could detect it unless you let remote clients access you files.

Archived