Why won't my site center?

clbembry

Hello everyone. I'm redoing my website and I can't get it to center. This is my css code for the container.

#container {height: 732px;width: 800px;margin-left: auto;margin-right: auto;padding: 0px;text-algin: center;border: 1px solid #0071C1;border-bottom: 0px;background-color: white;text-align: left;}

If you want to view my site, here is the link: My Website LinkI'm only hosting it on Freewebs until it is complete

It's not your container; it's your body tag. You're gonna hate yourself, too.

body {	padding: 0px;	margin: 0 0 20px 0	text-align: center;	background-image: url(images/background.png);	font-family: georgia;	font-size: 12px; }

See the missing semicolon after your margin declaration? I'm not sure what it's doing to your margins (probably nothing) but I guarantee it's clobbering your text-align declaration, and that's what'll handle the centering on IE. That is your browser, yes? I ask because everything looks fine in Firefox. When I loaded a corrected version of your stylesheet into IE, boom! it all centered.

@upheh, was just about to write that.---Also, in Firefox, your footer image Isn't in the spot you have it defined for in IE.

Archived