how to send photos from my site

Matilda Johnson

You'll need to find a host that will let you use what you need to do this. The BBC site isn't hosted on a free server. Once you get your hosting we can help with the programming.
Google is also not hosted on a free server. Actually it’s my first attempt to do something - just to learn how. Is it really impossible to do at least anything?

Google host themselves, I think.You can do things without server-side scripting, but not the thing you are asking. There are some free hosts out there with quite good PHP support, but not many support the mail() function for security reasons, namely people using their servers for spam.

Yeah, you would be able to use third-party stuff to do that, but you're not really doing it yourself. It's a good way to learn the basics though. But you should be able to find a free host that supports PHP, you might have to do some digging though. There is a thread here for hosting discussions, you might want to check there. Or else, it might be worth it to pay a couple bucks a month and purchase hosting where you can do whatever you want. If you want to look into that check out something like hostgator.com.

Google host themselves, I think.
That's a bit of an understatement. Google has the single largest hosting operation in the world, they have more computing power online then anyone else, and it's all to host only their own stuff. They have several facilities worldwide to host their server farms. Here's one of their larger datacenters that they built in Oregon, it has 2 warehouses that are each larger then a football field that will hold tens of thousands of servers. The cooling towers on each building are over 4 stories high.http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=h&z=15 (the picture looks pre-construction)http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/14/technology/14search.html

Archived