Companies hiring Web Developers

skaterdav85

plenty and yes.If you are looking for a job, there are tons of resources - you can get an idea by visiting http://www.computerjobs.com - but I'm sure others have plenty more sites to visit, as I said, there are tons.DId that help or are you looking for more specific information?

If you have some experience should take no more than 1 week. An easy way, over here anyway, is to apply with an agency and they get you a job in the private or public sector whatever suits you.

I guess that depends on where you live and whether you want a steady full-time job or would like to go freelance.In Canada, Ontario in particular, Toronto and Ottawa have an insane amount of contract work posted on the governement job boards. There are plenty of full-time jobs too. I keep thinking to myself, "I have to move out there", everytime I see 6 month contracts for $50 an hour.

I'm in the Ottawa area. I don't care if I lose my job, I know I can find one within hours. I always have agencies call me all the time for jobs. They're not great jobs but still I know I'll always have money coming in. That doesn't include my side projects for clients.

do you know if consulting firms hire web developers to do work for others?
Hire - doubtful. Contract - yes, absolutely.Again, the question is are you looking for permanent work or contract work?A consulting firm will only hire consultants. If the consulting firm provides advice that results in the need for development, they will either offer the service or refer it. If they offer it, they likely turn to a contracting agency to get folks to do the work or they turn to a proven partner they work with on a regular basis or they've worked with in the past. As a developer, you would either be directly employed as a contractor by the consulting firm (through an employment agency or as a sole proprietor) or you would be hired indirectly by way of working for the company or partner chosen by the consulting firm to do the work.If you can be more specific about what exactly you are trying to ask, one of us can surely give you an answer that should help you out.

Archived