My Site!!!

Luke4123

Hey just uploaded my HTML made site. Its not the best site but keep in mind that I have only been learning for 1 year and I am only 12 years old. Any suggestions?www.theolsens.com.au/luke/home.html

hmmm not sure what the website is about. I'm guessing games or something. Why do you have a black background with black text on it on the home page. There is also ASP written on the home page in black. The search doesn't work. No DTD in your head section. no xhtml. I'd say look into changing your code to xhtml. It should be clear what your site is about.

lol. One question. What is DTD? And the website is about me, and I like Games... didnt think it was that hard to understand. Yeah does anyone know how to make the Sign Up page work and the little thing on the homepage?

Very basic, but good for how long you've been studying and your age. I mean, I'm seventeen and been studying for about a year and a half and I don't think I ever could've done that good when I was twelve... I think you should probably change the format ont he pics, or the size or something, because they took about five minutes to load on a high speed computer. The color scheme could use some work, and as previosly mentioned, half the text doesn't sho up because it's black on black. Otherwise, you did good!

lol. One question. What is DTD? And the website is about me, and I like Games... didnt think it was that hard to understand. Yeah does anyone know how to make the Sign Up page work and the little thing on the homepage?
DTD = DOCTYPE. Think we answered that one in another thread...To make the ASP script work, assuming the code worked in its original environment, then you first need to name your pages with .asp and if your host doesn't support ASP then find one that does.

I would say learn CSS as soon as possible. It gives you a wider range of choices for website layouts, not to mention easier editing.Also figure out a color scheme that you think fits your website.
Ummm I did use CSS. And I will have to figure out a better color scheme.

Hey guys. I put a new prompt box in down the bottom there.http://www.theolsens.com.au/luke/home.htmlDo any of you guys now how I can make it so "Hello Billy. How are you today?" is on the page? ATM its on a seperate page.

Hey just uploaded my HTML made site. Its not the best site but keep in mind that I have only been learning for 1 year and I am only 12 years old. Any suggestions?www.theolsens.com.au/luke/home.html
In the CSS for your links:You could make the <a> elements block-level by adding the rule, display:block; to the class .links. That way you could style the links more.As an example: instead of using a vertical bar at the end of your /a>|, you could add the declaration, border-right:,and specify the border size and color (border-right: 1px solid red;). You could even have a border on all 4 sides to make the links look more like boxes (border: 1px solid red;). Further, by adding padding and margins to each link you can add even more style to the links.I would also suggest using the pseudo-classes :link, :active, :visited, and :hover to change style to your links. For example you can have the text color and background swap when a user hovers on the link or change the color of a visited link to something that works better on your page than the default purple.

Hey guys I changed my Nav-Bar so there is a mouse-over effect. Like it?http://www.theolsens.com.au/luke/home.htmlAlso I put the date up the top.

Archived