newbie; 2 images one external style sheet?

kass

Hi,I am new both to this forum and to CSS. I've done the tutorials here and at some other sites. This said if I'm asking a rediculous question please point me too the information, otherwise please help me. I would like to set up a main external style sheet for my site that will layout the basic format and set the background image and the logo image on the page. The rest will be page spacific.As yet I havent been able to get both images on the page at the same time. Is this evan possible? If yes, how?kass

Make another <div> for each next background image? I mean... attach one of the background images with the <body> and the other in a <div>

I think this is what you want...CSS

html, body {background: black url(blah/blah.jpg)font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;height: 100%;margin: 0px;padding:0px;width: 100%;}#header {background: #fff url(untitled.bmp);color: red;height: 200px;padding: 0;text-align: center;width: 100%;}

HTML

<html><head><title>HTML Editor</title><link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /></head><body><div id="header"></div></body></html>

If you need to know more let me know.Chris

Thank you for your in put all;I am on my other job and had to go do some other stuff, sorry it took so long to get back. I did however finaly figure it all out. I just need to pay much closer attention to punctuation i the code, I missed a ";"at the end a line and it took a while too see it. :)

normally , they use table on top to put logo , that is more convenient if you give your logo also a link

Normally you would not use a table for the main structure of a page, not even the header. Tables should be used only for making tabular content. Experiment some with divs in combination with the id and class attributes instead.You said you used 1 non- repeated image for background. Doesn't that image have a big file size? Usually you make a very small image and repeat it for the background.Here is a CSS 2 reference for properties and their valus. However, w3schools have their own great CSS - tutorial so it might not be needed. CSS 2 Tutorial...and here is another that you could use if you wan't to support mobile devices:CSS Mobile Profile 1.0Good luck, and let us know how it is going! :)