Is there any way other than with Java to password protect a page?

keturahuriel

First, a clarification of terms: JavaScript is a lightweight, strictly client-side, usually browser-interpreted language. Java is a much more capable and robust/heavyweight language that can run under many circumstances. You are talking about Java Server Pages (I think), the server-side manifestation of Java.As for your question, I believe that any server-side language can manage password protection. These include ASP, PHP, ColdFusion, JSP, and the many Microsoft-owned ".NET" variations.

Ok, I didn't know that. I'm still kinda new to this. Where can I find the code for the password protected page? I need it because I want to have a members only on-the-side-site with spcial discounts on art and pics just for them and stuff... Do you have any suggestions on which style/category of code I should use?

BTW, sorry I sounded like I was scolding you. That's easily the most common mistake related to Java or JavaScript (so it gets pretty old), and it's kind of hard to lighten up an instructive post... But I guess it would be better to put in an out-of-context :) or joke than to come off as rude.

Oh, no, I didn't think you were scolding or anything, I just have a sudden wave of that feeling the people get in those V8 commercials. "Duh!" Also, my friend told me exactly that the moment she saw that I had posted this topic. So, yeah..."DEE DEE DEE!"

Archived