creating a forum

lauz

• 2 weeks later...

Although I've created a pho-forum before with just JavaScript and the form element, causing the page to temp. store data sent to the page. Quite weird though. When I made it, I didn't specify the JS to use cookies, but when I closed the tab/page with the submitted content via JS... and I re-opened the tab/page without using history, etc. the submitted content was still put on the page. It was scary.I didn't use innerHTML at the time though, nor Regex. I can't remember how I did it, but I did.

Although I've created a pho-forum before with just JavaScript and the form element, causing the page to temp. store data sent to the page. Quite weird though. When I made it, I didn't specify the JS to use cookies, but when I closed the tab/page with the submitted content via JS... and I re-opened the tab/page without using history, etc. the submitted content was still put on the page. It was scary.I didn't use innerHTML at the time though, nor Regex. I can't remember how I did it, but I did.
There's simply no way you could make a forum with Javascript alone. Javascript cannot save anything, and any changes you make to the page are only visible to yourself.

There's simply no way you could make a forum with Javascript alone. Javascript cannot save anything, and any changes you make to the page are only visible to yourself.
I know that, I'm sorry if I said anything misleading.

Archived