I don't get what's wrong...

Cod-nes

I keep getting this error:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /homepages/31/d229779882/htdocs/upload/member.php on line 16I looked over the code a few times but I can't find the problem with the "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{'"So help please. :)

<?php$sql= mysql_connect("SERCET 3x");$database=mysql_select_db("db238906134");$past = time() - 100;//connectif (!$sql){die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());}if (!$database){die ('Could not select db: ' . mysql_error());}if (isset($_COOKIE["username"]){$username = $_COOKIE['Username'];$password = $_COOKIE['Password'];$check = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Member WHERE Username = '$username'")or die(mysql_error());while($info = mysql_fetch_array( $check )){ if ($password != $info['password']){die('Sorry but your password is wrong. <a href="index.php>try again</a>"' . 'setcookie(Username, gone, $past)' . 'setcookie(Password, gone, $past)'>}else{echo "<a href=upload.php>Upload</a>";echo "<a href=files.php>Your Files</a>";echo "<a href=logout.php>Logout</a>";echo "<a href=delete.php>Delete Account</a>";}}}else//if the cookie does not exist, they are taken to the login screen{header("Location: index.php");}?>

You need to learn how to find these errors yourself. The error message says it found something unexpected on line 25. So look at line 25. All it is is a single "}" character, there's nothing illegal about that. But if it's saying that it's not expecting that character then there must be a problem higher up that is causing it to become confused. Look at line 24.

Lines 15 to 42:I think I had corrected the problem...

if (isset($_COOKIE["username"])){$username = $_COOKIE['Username'];$password = $_COOKIE['Password'];$check = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Member WHERE Username = '$username'")or die(mysql_error());while($info = mysql_fetch_array( $check )){ if ($password != $info['password']){die('Sorry but your password is wrong. <a href=index.php>try again</a> . setcookie(Username, gone, $past) . setcookie(Password, gone, $past)')}else{echo "<a href=upload.php>Upload</a>";echo "<a href=files.php>Your Files</a>";echo "<a href=logout.php>Logout</a>";echo "<a href=delete.php>Delete Account</a>";}}}else//if the cookie does not exist, they are taken to the login screen{header("Location: index.php");}?>

<?php$sql= mysql_connect("SERCET 3x");$database=mysql_select_db("db238906134");$past = time() - 100;//connectif (!$sql){	die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());	}if (!$database){	die ('Could not select db: ' . mysql_error());	}if (isset($_COOKIE["username"])){	$username = $_COOKIE['Username'];	$password = $_COOKIE['Password'];	$check = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Member WHERE Username = '$username'")or die(mysql_error());	while($info = mysql_fetch_array( $check )){	if ($password != $info['password']){		die('Sorry but your password is wrong. <a href="index.php>try again</a>"');		} else {			echo "<a href=upload.php>Upload</a>";			echo "<a href=files.php>Your Files</a>";			echo "<a href=logout.php>Logout</a>";			echo "<a href=delete.php>Delete Account</a>";		}	}} else {//if the cookie does not exist, they are taken to the login screen	header("Location: index.php");	}?>

Try that. The curly braces were messed up and a semi-colon missing here and ther, and a bracket, too, I think.Check to see if that is any better.

Archived