XForms: how to read from .xml

omegared

Hi GuysI have a simple form which writes my xfrom instance data to an xml file, all working fine. Here is a snippet:" <xf:model> <xf:instance> <order xmlns=""> <client xmlns=""> <fname></fname> <lname></lname> </client> </order> </xf:instance> <xf:submission id="s1" method="put" action="C:\Documents and Settings\miah_s\Desktop\Sham Xforms\myData.xml"/>..."What I want to know is, how do I get the text fields to be set by reading from the .xml file on start up. I know |I can fill the model up in the xhtml but i want the data in the .xml to be used. I know this is an easy one but i cant find anything online due to the messy or non existant nature of the learning material.Many thanks.

Hi GuysI have a simple form which writes my xfrom instance data to an xml file, all working fine.  Here is a snippet:" <xf:model>    <xf:instance>      <order xmlns="">        <client xmlns="">          <fname></fname>          <lname></lname>        </client>      </order>    </xf:instance>    <xf:submission id="s1" method="put"    action="C:\Documents and Settings\miah_s\Desktop\Sham Xforms\myData.xml"/>..."What I want to know is, how do I get the text fields to be set by reading from the .xml file on start up.  I know |I can fill the model up in the xhtml but i want the data in the .xml to be used.  I know this is an easy one but i cant find anything online due to the messy or non existant nature of the learning material.Many thanks.

ok ok i found the answer. just add src=filelocation to the instance tag. So does anyone know of any good tutorials where i can learn about implementing treeviews and complex navigation and what not. cheers.