Restricting copy and print.

aic007

No. In fact, you can't disable right-clicks either. The browser I'm using doesn't even let Javascript detect right-clicks, much less disable them. It's an option I can turn on or off. It's under my control as the user, it's not under the web page's control.

I know theese things can't be done 100%. I only need to disable copy & print for users in a company that only uses IE, and the users are not that smart. The only requirement is to restrict ctrl+c and print. If this can be done. Please do help me :) I disabled right click with this script://Disable right click scriptvar message="Ikke lov med hoyreklikk";///////////////////////////////////function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}function clickNS(e) {if(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}if (document.layers){document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")

That's not going to disable right clicks if I disable Javascript. I can also open the local cache copy of the page and look at it there, or I can check the response coming back using something like Firebug or DebugBar without clicking on the page at all.And again, no, you cannot stop users from copying or printing. 100% of the time or anything else. The point that we are trying to make is that there is absolutely no way to stop anyone from looking at or saving anything that you publish online. When you publish something on a web server you are specifically setting up that resource to be copied to any computer that properly requests it. Once it gets copied to the computer you have absolutely no control over it at that point. You can use things like Javascript to have the browser respond a certain way, but that's assuming that the user has even chosen to enable Javascript.If you don't want users to copy or print then you would have to disable that on the browser, so they would need to use a browser that does not allow them to copy or print.

I know all that, but this is an Intranet site where the useres are technicaly quite dumb, and my only assignments are to disable print and copy, and yes I know, there are many "back doors". They get their installation from images which also installs all custom application, and in the policy java script is enabled.

You can use this to clear the clipboard:setInterval("window.clipboardData.clearData()",50);That means that anything that has been copied will be cleared every 50ms. That means *anything* that has been copied. So while IE is open your users won't be able to paste anything because the clipboard is getting cleared every 50ms.

Try this:<BODY oncontextmenu="return false" onselectstart="return false" ondragstart="return false">The user can't highlight, or rightclick... except if they turn off JS like JustSomeGuy said, but thats only if they know how turn it off. but if you don't want any body do copy any thing, use flash to display the text and make so it somehow changes the content of the clip board too, incase thay try and take a screen shot. but that only if you REALLY need to. Those are going to the extremes!

Archived