33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best browser?

• FireFox
    • Opera
    • Netscape
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Other
  2. 2. Which do you use? (Pick as many as you ever use.)

• FireFox
    • Opera
    • Netscape
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Other
  3. 3. Lastly, which do you have on your system? (Pick all that you have!)

• FireFox
    • Opera
    • Netscape
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Other

What has saved me a lot of time is committing myself to the strict DTD. IE is more compliant and predictable in strict mode.Oh! the number of pages we work on here that don't even have <html> tags, let alone any DTD at all. "What's that?" people say. Didja ever add a strict DTD to a page that had none? Do a reload, and POW! things are different. Somebody should use the strict dtd as a signature line.

Good idea.Always use a strict doctype unless you absolutely can't (in which case you still use a doctype, just not a strict one), design your pages for a compliant browser, and things will be easy. When you tell browsers to follow the same set of rules you get much more consistent results then if each browser needs to guess what rules to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

"If I am not wrong, IE7 doesn't allow putting <head> tag in <body> tag while FF and Opera allow it"why on earth would you put <head> tag in the <body> tag?

• 1 year later...

how about adding other browsers like flock, chrome and others,personally i like flockdevelopment wise I'm sticking with firefoxreasons-its portable-addons - web developer * WHAT AN AMAZING TOOL! - fireftp - fire bug - yellowpipe lynx viewer

Archived