Attempted Photo Gallery

shalendar

I think you're abusing the :hover pseudoclass in your site. It's not really accessible or usable, but if you really want to do it this way...The problem is this:li.year has "position: relative"li.year ul.gallerypos1-1 has "position: absolute" and is offset from the top by 65px. Since its parent has a relative position, this <ul> is being positioned 65px from the top of its parent rather than the whole page.You either can remove the relative position porperty from li.year or give ul.gallerypos1-1 negative values of left offset and 0px from the top.

oh dang! that was an atempt i thought i removed. sorry, i thought i got rid of all the "pos" stuff. the guy at http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ uses a lot of hover stuff, ans somehow his stuff works.Edit: dang, all i had to do was remove the relative tag like you said, and it worked.

yes it is. any suggestions on getting the images to hover properly.and Ingolme, I'm stubborn. I'm going to make it work if i have to bash my head into the keyboard. sorry, but this is the way i want to do it.

cssplay.co.uk is a very excellent site and offers many of his techniques for use by the public for free.An excellent resource.
I've seen some cool tricks there. Yes I have, and very impressive. But so many times I just want to throw in a little javascript and SIMPLIFY things. I mean, you've gotta remember that cssplay is about playing, about taking css to the limit, which is cool in its way, but not always the most effcient.So maybe not a copy-and-paste shop, but definitely a place to learn from.And you gotta love anyone who gives away cool code for free. There is no place but the Net that offers so many free resources, and some of them are huge. Opensource. What a concept.

They actually opened up a site to show their javascript demos. Some Browsers, (ie: IE) needs so many little 'boosts' that CSS simply can't offer, so they need some js to get the tricks to work, so cssplay has got a new site up for those Demos. Should check it out...

I've seen some cool tricks there. Yes I have, and very impressive. But so many times I just want to throw in a little javascript and SIMPLIFY things. I mean, you've gotta remember that cssplay is about playing, about taking css to the limit, which is cool in its way, but not always the most effcient.
That's true but to be truly accessible, you shouldn't really use javascript for menus. That said, it is much easier just to use the javascript.They do have a pure CSS hover menu (3 versions of it actually) on there. I used it it on a site recently and amended the CSS a bit to suit and it worked a treat.However - Stu Nicholls rocks - CSS Play is an incredible resource and so's the other slightly javascripty one.

can we get back to my topic? any suggestions on getting my gallery to work properly? the padding on the main gallery wont work. i want the thumbs to be padded by 20px.

Use Firefox to view the page and there is a gap between the main menu and the drop-down. As i move the mouse across the gap, the drop-down disappears as i leave the main menu, so I never am able to get to the links.

Archived