What's the best approach?

LukeV

Hey guys, sorry to bother you again :)Anywho I'm almost done with my new site. So this is how it should look give or take: linkAnd this is how it's turning up: linkSo pretty decent. One small problem I have is I'm getting way to much space between the footer and the content. I checked and I couldn't find any margins that would push the footer down. No idea why that's happening.Also the main issue I have is figuring out what approach I should take to get the side content to work properly. I'm talking about the login form, money back guarantee and uptime thing. (No need to read this, just background info). Focusing on the Uptime and Money Back images. Well first thing I tried was just saving the whole image (text and all) and just sticking it on the site. But the compression of the image made the text look a bit crappy and the file size was 5kB which is pretty large for that small image. So my next approach was to stick the image without the text, and then add the text through html/css. Now this worked, but what I wanted to do was make a div with the text and then set the actual images as a background image of the text, but I couldn't figure out how to do this properly.Anyways. Now I need to do the form in the login box. So how do you guys think I should go about positioning the form inside the box? I was thinking I'd use position: relative and just nudge it into place. But I find this method dodgy. Is there a better way?

So my next approach was to stick the image without the text, and then add the text through html/css. Now this worked, but what I wanted to do was make a div with the text and then set the actual images as a background image of the text, but I couldn't figure out how to do this properly.
You can use the background: property to make the image as the background of the division and then use width: and height: to make sure all of the bg shows. Padding can be used to vertically align the text properly.
Anyways. Now I need to do the form in the login box. So how do you guys think I should go about positioning the form inside the box? I was thinking I'd use position: relative and just nudge it into place. But I find this method dodgy. Is there a better way?
That is fine.

Archived