dreamweaver help

alex

I made a web design in photoshop and saved it as optimized and opened it in dreamweaver as a html file I did everything right but they arn't sliced background images they are just sliced normal images. how do I make them all set as a sliced background image?

An html element can hold exactly one background image. To fit slices together as backgrounds, you'll need 1 div for each slice. If you sliced the image vertically, the divs will need to be floated or positioned absolutely so they line up across the page instead of one on top of each other. For this sort of thing, horizontal slices might work best.

Well, do you know what a div is? Or what a HTML element is in the first place?Also, do you know CSS?Without knowing these, you will not be able to progammatically solve your problem, you will need to get the program to do it for you, and we can't help you there.

Hi,Dreamweaver is a good program, but not profissional. The profissional here must be you. You have to study HTML and CSS at least to create a standard site. Just study and you will see the results.Complements \o/

Well, I've seen many professionals use Dreamweaver, and I think its syntax highlighting is better than most code editors and its function library one of the most extensive (and well-integrated) ones.I think really the problem with DreamWeaver is that ... err ... less experienced designers tend to use the WYSIWYG view instead of code view, which is not very good as, as Webflex said, you don't get to interact directly with the code, with which you will get better control. As my IT teacher used to say, it is never WYSIWYG, only WYSIAWYG (What You See Is Almost What You Get).

Hi,That's a good quote :):

As my IT teacher used to say, it is never WYSIWYG, only WYSIAWYG (What You See Is Almost What You Get).
That's also true about profissionals using dreamweaver. Sometimes I also user Dreamweaver (I'm not a profissional xP) just with the code viewer. Complements \o/

Archived