jump to another part of document on differenet pag

davywylie

hi,i have seen an exmaple in the html were you can jump to another part of doc on the same page.Is it possible to implement this within a menu - were the code is wrote on a separate script i.e.Menu2=new Array("How it Began","history.php","",3);Menu2_1=new Array("The Beginning","jump to beginning part in history.php","",0,20,150); the history file has the text in html format i.e headings(h2) and paragraphs(p)

Put this where you want to jump to:<a name="partA">Part A</a>Then put this link in the same document where you want a clickable link to apear that will take you there:<a href="#partA" title="Part A">Goto Part A</a>(it is case sensitive)

Put this where you want to jump to:<a name="partA">Part A</a>

<a name="partA">Part A</a> hasn't been needed since HTML 3Starting in HTML 4 any element could be used as a "jump point", thereby using less code in the source.Also, in XHTML the "name" attribute has been replaced with the "id" attribute.****Here are some examples for the above code that are all valid.<h1 id="partA">Part A</h1><h2 id="partA">Part A</h2><h3 id="partA">Part A</h3><h4 id="partA">Part A</h4><h5 id="partA">Part A</h5><h6 id="partA">Part A</h6><p id="partA">Part A</p><div id="partA">Part A</div>etc.

<a name="partA">Part A</a> hasn't been needed since HTML 3Starting in HTML 4 any element could be used as a "jump point", thereby using less code in the source.Also, in XHTML the "name" attribute has been replaced with the "id" attribute.****Here are some examples for the above code that are all valid.<h1 id="partA">Part A</h1><h2 id="partA">Part A</h2><h3 id="partA">Part A</h3><h4 id="partA">Part A</h4><h5 id="partA">Part A</h5><h6 id="partA">Part A</h6><p id="partA">Part A</p><div id="partA">Part A</div>etc.

yeh, but I where i want to jump to is in a different page. i have included "history.php/#C1" , which goes to the point fine, howver it does not include the font settings or images - instead text is in standard black