Setting browser window dimensions

DarkElf

There are a number of javascripts out there that can determine your browser window size, resize the browser, and calculate your viewable window.I'm a little confused about exactly what you want to do. If you intend to resize the person browsers, I'd advise against it - many folks do not appreciate a webpage that resizes their browser. The prefered method would be to open a new popup window and have it sized the way you want - this will preserve the clients existing browser window.

What I actually want to do is stop the user from shrinking their window beyond a certain point. The website goes a little funny if they shrink the window below about 500px across because i've used % to define some measurements on the site. Obviously most people wouldn't want to view a website in a browser window so small anyway, but figured it would be nice to avoid them spotting the flaw.

First, I can dig up some scripts that I've used in the past to get you started. (here is my but)But, I am not sure if there is really an advantage to going through the trouble.If someone is resizing the window - its for a reason, maybe to see other stuff in the background. I, for one, would be very frustrated with a site that appears to be normal for all intents and purposes, until I have to resize it so I can see a portion of something running in the background. If I tried to resize my browser, and then it sniffed out that it was too small and then resized it accordingly - I'll leave the site so I can do what I want to do.I understand that you want to preserve the graphical layout of the site - but even in this day in age, you will not be able to accommodate every scenario. I don't mean to play devil's advocate in questioning your intent - it just seems like a lot of work to accommodate what I think most people would expect to happen anyway.:)