How does Kelkoo work?

Black_Atlas

I have a mobiles phone website that I need to use to retrieve data from every month. Unfortunatley there is a lot of information and it takes me 2 days every month to do this. How does Kelkoo and other price comparing websites work? Surely they must retrieve the information from the websites otherwise it would be impossible to update manually. Is there anyway I can use this with my site? The mobiles phone website is independant and has nothing to do with me.ThanksCraig

I only know how google's froogle site works. It relies on electrontic feeds from vendors. The feed is in a particular format. The feeds can be sent not more often than once a day. Every night, froogle grabs the feed from your specified location and indexes it accordingly. They have pretty strict guidelines for defining your shopping cart feed - so its pretty easy as long as you read the instructions. I have several clients right now that I have set up automatics database driven feeds that google pulls into froogle.I'm not quite sure what you are after - you say you have a mobile phone site that you need to get data from, but then you say the mobile phone website is independant from you and you have nothing to do with it.Are you saying that there is pricing information out there that you want to pull into your site - automatically?

Yeah i need my site to automatically but updated by the information from this mobile site. So is the only way I can get the information is for the mobile company to send me the information personally like sending the data through an email? I've seen links on other websites for their data to be viewed in xml format but my knowledge of xml is very small. If the mobile company were to put an xml link on their website with the data in could I retreive the data that way?