php.ini include_path question

bonnit

hi, im trying to use phpmailer on my 1and1.co.uk hosting webspace but it says i need to set the include path for it to work. 1and1 allows you to set your own php.ini file to add to basic settings which is fine but ive done this but am unsure if ive done it right. the files i want to include are located in my webspace like this:

/shop/file_info/admin/paypal/class.phpmailer.php 

and

/shop/file_info/admin/paypal/class.smtp.php 

the php.ini is going to be put in the webspace root so i figured i just do the include path as follows:

include_path = ".:/shop/file_info/admin/paypal/class.phpmailer.php;/shop/file_info/admin/paypal/class.smtp.php"   ;

....but it isnt working, this is the only code i have in the php.ini file so im not sure if i need more or if ive even got the right syntax?i also tried php_value include_path but this didnt workany advice?

include_path = ".:/shop/file_info/admin/paypal";The include_path must include the directories where the files you want to include are located. It cannot contain the actual file itself.Each directories of the include_path is separated by a colon (or a semicolon if using Windows).

include_path = ".:/shop/file_info/admin/paypal";The include_path must include the directories where the files you want to include are located. It cannot contain the actual file itself.Each directories of the include_path is separated by a colon (or a semicolon if using Windows).
ok i have done this and changed the php.ini file which means it should be working but for some reason it isnt, any suggestions?

Do a phpinfo() to see if the Path has changed or is enabled?http://ca3.php.net/phpinfo
right it says my php.ini file is located here
Configuration File (php.ini) Path  /homepages/42/d198206515/htdocs/php.ini  

my include path is as follows

include_path .:/shop/file_info/admin/paypal .:/shop/file_info/admin/paypal 

but with regards to paths, am i supposed to include any of the following because they are all paths that i didnt know existed on my hosting, maybe i should put that in front of the include_path??

sendmail_path /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i  /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i  safe_mode_exec_dir /usr/local/php/bin /usr/local/php/bin extension_dir /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429 /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429 

i dunno?!?!?! lol

my include path is as followsCODEinclude_path .:/shop/file_info/admin/paypal .:/shop/file_info/admin/paypal /quote]Why do you have the exact same thing listed twice?First, you need to figure out what is being included. If the script is just including class.smtp.php for instance, then the include path should be /shop/file_info/admin/paypal. If the script is including paypal/class.smtp.php then the include path should be /shop/file_info/admin. If the script is including admin/paypal/class.smtp.php then the include path will be /shop/file_info. So you can either try every possible include path or determine what it's looking for first, then change the include path to make sure it finds the files.

Archived